the other night, i surprised paul by making a miso gravy to go with them.
next level stuff.
my attempts at gravy have never been very well-executed, but this time, i followed a recipe (well, as much as i can follow a recipe) and it was GLORIOUS.
my tweaked version as follows:
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp unrefined sweetener (i used maple syrup)
- 2 large cloves garlic pressed
- 1 Tbsp shredded ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup sprouted brown rice flour
- 4 Tbsp amano miso paste
mix all ingredients (except miso) together in a pot, boiling to thicken. pour into blender (you may need to wait for it to cool a bit!) to make sure it is completely smooth (i.e. no ginger shreds!) and then mix in the miso paste. YUM!